SLX 5.13% $5.33 silex systems limited

Ye have Little Faith

1. 172 Posts.
    What's changed since late April? In less than 2 months the sentiment in the stock market, and on all these blogs, has gone to crap. I "Cut My Teeth" trading during the recession downturn around 2009. I literally saw DOZENS of great companies stock perform like this and then reverse on a moments notice. Stocks like these are either manipulated by the billionaire's for whatever reason or they are snowballed with skepticism and shareholders fear with little to go by. Sure, MG and Silex haven't delivered on some timely announcements. But has their business model changed ANY recently? Don't they have the same prospects that they had just a few months ago? Aren't they "closer" to reaching them now? If they had extremely bad news about one of their business phases they would be obligated to inform the public. They have even directly publicly stated that there are no known problems. At the end of April, in a letter, they stated:
    Silex notes that the plant gives it a presence in one of the world's largest emerging renewable energy markets. Saudi Arabia plans to build 41 GW of solar photovoltaic (PV) and concentrating solar power (CSP) generation over the next 20 years, under a USD 109 billion bidding program.
    “We are looking forward to building on this cornerstone project in Saudi Arabia as it progresses with what is arguably the world's largest solar power investment program, further details of which are expected to be released in coming months,” notes Solar Systems CEO Chris Murray. MG also "hinted" that Saudi Arabia is considering more nuclear power. Why would he say that if they hadn't at least discussed a possibility?

Paducah... The government had a number of choices to go with at Paducah. THEY chose SILEX. Impatient investors want to hear stuff about it NOW. Is it worth DUMPING the stock because they are a few months late? The are talking BILLIONS of dollars here people with governments involved. It's not a pretzel vendor changing his salt.

I don't know a whole lot about their translucent and chronologic phases but there are still positions for hire at their translucent facility and a lot of people on here describe a lot of exciting things they are doing.

Perception in the market can be a killer, but I don't thing anything has fundamentally changed in the Silex model. Come back from the ledge and stop adding to the freefall. I have seen too many people react to the market instead of reacting to the company itself.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.33
Change
0.260(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $1.262B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.12 $5.33 $5.01 $4.811M 914.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 336 $5.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.34 1698 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.