yeehhaaa - another boat....hold this thread..., page-45

1. 14,166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Ozgem, totally agree.

I believe there are three types of migrants - the first and last more likely to be boat arrivals:
    • Genuine refugees fleeing persecution

• Those who want to come here to work and support themselves (and pay taxes) and assimlate

• Those who have no intention of working and are here for the free perks (which are many)

First type are coming here under the push factor and should not be sent off to Malaysia with others who have come here illegally posing as genuine refugees when they just want a better life at hard working Aussie's expense.

Second type is more likely to come by plane. I know of migrants who have come under migrant schemes and they work hard at their job. I have no problem with these types of migrants who are willing, like our predecessors, to work hard, support themselves and pay tax towards the expenses of the country and the infrastructure they use and enjoy.

Third type is the one I think most have trouble accepting and it would seem they come here for the pull factor of living for free. Those who have no intention of working and stats (link below) show that around 83% are still dependent on our welfare after five years. They are generally not assilimating, and worse still, want to bring in the draconian laws that they were supposedly fleeing.

Interesting how many children are coming in on these recent boats. I personally think the parents are being totally irresponsible to put such young children on these risky boats - but the prize to them must be worth the risk.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/most-refugee-households-relying-on-welfare/story-fn7x8me2-1226050079542

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.