PSA 0.00% 2.1¢ petsec energy limited

Yemen Conflict - Where to from Here ?

1. 202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Folks,

A link to UN Resolution 2216 ...

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/2216.pdf

2216 clearly states ...

"Demands that all Yemen Parties, in particular the Houthis, fully implement resolution 2201 (2015), refrain from further unilateral actions that could undermine the political transition in Yemen and further demands that the Houthis immediately and unconditionally :

(a)end the use of violence;
    (b)withdraw their forces from all areas they have seized, including the capital Sana’a;
    (c)relinquish all additional arms seized from military and security institutions, including missile systems;
    (d)cease all actions that are exclusively within the authority of the legitimate Government of Yemen;
    (e)refrain from any provocation or threats to neighbouring States, including through acquiring surface-surface missiles, and stockpiling weapons in any bordering territory of a neighbouring State;
    (f)safely release Major-General Mahmoud al-Subaihi, the Minister of Defence of Yemen, all political prisoners, and all individuals under house arrest or arbitrarily detained; and
    (g)end the recruitment and use of children and release all children from their ranks; ... "

Regardless of the above ...

It seems now that the only way to peace in this country is through war.

The Houthi/Saleh Group have no intention of relinquishing any territory or weaponry that they have taken by force over the past two (2) years ...

For Malik Al Houthi / Ali Abdullah Saleh that would be too humiliating ... I'm not sure whether they are thinking of the people they lead or just satisfying their own self interests....

I don't think either Malik Al Houthi or Ali Abdullah Saleh will have a home at the conclusion of this conflict ...

The Yemen public (on both sides) might create a "linch mob" and go looking for these guys for some piecemeal justice (post war)... unless someone takes the "initiative" before things get further out of hand ...  

Time will tell ...

PeterRG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.