PSA 0.00% 2.1¢ petsec energy limited

Yemen - "To Fight or not to Fight"

1. 202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Folks,

The likelihood of a halt to all fighting between the Houthi’s and the Arab Coalition Forces appears to run "hot & cold"...

In my opinion, neither party wants to concede a fundamental precondition for a halt in all hostilities and I consider that this is the backbone of any future settlement and halt in fighting ... "Adoption of UNSC Resolution 2216"

Resolution 2216 calls for the Houthi’s to:

1. end the use of violence;
    2. withdraw their forces from all areas they have seized, including the capital Sana’a (seized by force in late 2014);
    3. relinquish all additional arms seized from military and security institutions, including missile systems;
    4. cease all actions that are exclusively within the authority of the legitimate Government of Yemen;
    5. refrain from any provocation or threats to neighbouring States, including through acquiring surface-surface missiles, and stockpiling weapons in any bordering territory of a neighbouring State;
    6. end the recruitment and use of children and release all children from their ranks;
    Whilst the above outlines most of the expectations of the UN Security Council Resolution 2216, it is clear that the Houthis do not recognize Hadi and/or his government nor do they acknowledge, apply or follow any of the other 2216 conditions tabled above. I can’t see the Houthi’s ever agreeing to Resolution 2216 and I can’t see the UN nor the Arab Coalition expecting less.

I guess there'll be lots to talk about in Sweden (if they ever get there).

Humanitarian efforts will have to muddle their way through the current situation until one party overwhelmingly takes control of the situation …

The likelihood of “true peace” maybe near but unfortunately, the cost of “true peace” has not yet been reached …

PeterRG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.