REX 0.00% 56.5¢ regional express holdings limited

Alejandro, I agree that AQZ was fortunate to be operating in the...

1. 442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 163
    Alejandro, I agree that AQZ was fortunate to be operating in the market segments that it does during these COVID-19 disrupted times. However, I would point you to the following comments from Scott McMillan (Managing Director) that he delivered at the AGM earlier this week:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2488/2488004-629ef819982c83e23e064d8da7d13ef0.jpg
    So while AQZ has been significantly negatively impacted in parts of its business (e.g. RPT and Tourism charters), other areas were positively impacted (e.g. FIFO and sporting charters). As you will see, this diversification is an active management decision. The company is in charge of its own destiny rather than being beholden to support from others. You will also note the comments most of the new customers that used AQZ during the period where social distancing was required are still flying with AQZ and that is is likely to lead to a permanent change to their customer base.
    Coupled with the recent ongoing success of FIFO contract renewals, AQZ doesn't sound like an airline that is taking advantage of its customers or over charging for what they deliver.

There are significant growth opportunities available due to the cost effective flying AQZ will be able to achieve from their E190's. These aircraft are well liked by the Australian flying public and I believe that their long range capabilities coupled with the 100 seat capacity will find many profitable uses.

What I like about AQZ is the low risk approach to business. As noted, they are diversified and they seek to generate revenue in a manner that doesn't expose the company to excessive risk. They are conservatively geared meaning that can sustain periods where a big part of the fleet is parked up. I believe AQZ management are first rate and have a proven track record of delivery.

While AQZ's share price already builds in future growth, it is an exciting story. There may be far greater share price growth available should REX pull off their B737 expansion, however the risks, in my opinion, are significant. I know where I would be rather invested.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add REX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.