MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

The issue of adequate community consultation cannot be sustained...

1. 452 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    The issue of adequate community consultation cannot be sustained as a valid reason for MEL's license suspension. P Henderson said on ABC this morning that he had lodged a 47 page document outlining public consultation over the past 10 years (with the Government). If this is the reason for suspension it could easily be resolved by the NSW Govment outling the further consultation required. The only reason for this suspension is Government concern over bad publicity over confrontation with large numbers of protestors many of whom are pensioners and, I suspect, a large majority relying on Government welfare.
    The anecdote by Minister Roberts of a woman thinking MEL were about to extract gas is grasping at straws. I should imagine a majority of the population think this is a coal seam gas well but that is because of their lack of proper investigation and belief of protestors claims of groundwater pollution despite the fact that an extensive monitoring regime is in place and such pollution is very unlikely with the safeguards required.
    Unfortunately public perception and Government lack of resolve are driving this debate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.514M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $450 100K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 14014898 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 2626407 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.28pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.