JKA 0.00% 0.3¢ jacka resources limited

Cab911, Yes and no was my answer as to whether Bob Cassie can...

1. 1,665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    Cab911,

Yes and no was my answer as to whether Bob Cassie can run the company better, as frankly I don't know because I have had little dealings with companies that Bob has run. I know all about Hardman, but its one thing having a company that find a shed load of oil and then you sell it off, its a totally different kettle of fish to running a successful company.

If you don't like opinions on a BB then ignore them, I highly doubt there is anyone postign on here that is a director of a small O&G company so why even come on here if you don't want to read opinions??

Its clear what the situation with Aje is, more than 50% of a company changes hands and the partners of the block have their pre-emption rights activated. All can then make offers to TPT / JKA, if they don't like the offers, then it goes to an independent expert, he makes a valuation and if the bidders want it at that value, then they get it. JKA and TPT have no option but to sell. Based on recent transactions they won't get more than $1.50 / barrel and at that value I expect at least 1 of the partners to bite, so IMO its as good as gone if the takeover goes ahead. Sure the merged entity gets some immediate cash, but in the event of a failure in Morocco, the near term cash asset will preserve more value than cash IMO.

Why should I not be able to make my mind up for a takeover that SUITS MY SITUATION. I couldn't give a stuff what the directors recommend, that may not be in my best interest. I'm not a sheep and won't go along with what someone says, just because they may have more info than me. There have been plenty of takeovers in the past (far greater than these) where the directors have stuffed up (one way of the other) and they have lost their jobs.

These go the other way, but do you think Tom Albanese is sitting there pleased as punch that he made acquisitions for Rio Tinto that at the time seemed like a good idea, but were actually essentially massively overvalued, leading to him losing his job. Great idea.

Same goes for plenty of other companies where the directors pitched a takeover that has not been beneficial for shareholders, so please refrain from directing people to be sheep and just listen to directors because they know better. History has proven that not all directors make the best decisions for companies, they are human after all and all holders should be allowed to make their own decisions around fairly large events.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JKA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.