CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

yesterday is history, gfc, cvi and the future

1. 371 Posts.
    Hi All,

I have been a holder on and off since CVI was at 40cents.

CVI is a stock like every other, which is subject to the market. Whether or not Smythe listened and pulled everything out at the shareholders demands, the stock would still have gone down. It is a stock like every other that was affected by the GFC (Global Financial Crisis). To be perfectly brutal, it is the poor trading and investing by those who held in down times which has led to your bitterness towards CVI, not Mr. Smythe. He did not lie, he said that there were things in the works, that during the downturn once they were not viable, he openly explained that they would not be happening for some time. There was the transparency that was acceptable and ASIC action is not necessary and will not be taken.

The next point, as a business culture academic, the way in which business is done in AFRICA is very slowly, CVI is strategically doing very well to position itself for success. To put African nationals on the board, growing relationships etc.. All are necessary steps for success in Africa. Furthermore, to overshare company movements through Africa can very much prevent the success of projects throughout the continent, as it is a very competitive environment, especially with China's investments there. It should be noted that CVI has not breached ASIC regulations and if it had to the degree which disgruntled shareholders are pointing to, it would have already been de-listed. It has not, and has abided by the ASX rules.

Thirdly, the resignations of the company secretary and the non-executive director. Yes tragic...however there could be numerous reasons for the resignations and to jump to the negatives is just an indication of the bitterness of unsuccessful traders and investors who failed the number one rule, leave the emotions at the door. Furthermore, it may have been that both employees had openly made it clear that they were not going to work beyond a date for other reasons and the company felt it would be less detrimental to have them both resign on the same day, rather than to stagger their resignations, to avoid chatter...

CVI is a stock which holds a 45% stake in a company that holds a large land mass throughout Angola, with which a large variety of resources are within. It is near to creating a generous cashflow for the company which will only further grow this company into a strong mining producer. CVI is undervalued and has great upside potential. The GFC has not been kind to this stock, nor has it been kind to any stock on the market. If you are going to continue in your negativity towards this stock then, we should all be negative and be harassing the directors of all companies that are listed on the ASX and the rest of the world. As they too have been going down due to the GFC.

Tell me, if CVI was to deliver on the current projects in the works, and it was to recover to 10, 20, 30+ cents, would you all be as bitter, or would you move on enjoy the profits and know that you held a company through thick and thin? The great companies started in down times, Disney, IBM etc… lets stop being negative and start supporting this stock, help it grow and stop this current vibe that the Hotcoppet CVI thread is emitting.

For those interested I am accumulating and will continue to grow my position in CVI. As opportunity is great…

Cheers all,
    tfish

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.