I always remember probably 10 years ago when they did that...

1. 1,469 Posts.

I always remember probably 10 years ago when they did that national IQ test on TV where you could do it online etc. I remember on TV they were comparing the results, industries IQ against others. Real Estate agents were right down the bottom, below the garbo's.

I can give an example of their intelligence, the other year, I had a old agent i was with giving me the irritates, so had a good read of the tenancy act and found a heap of stuff i could sting them for $$ wise (i didnt actually care about).

I asked for more than I expected to get in $ per day figures, and the judge yelled at me "dont you think your asking a bit much?"

She then proceeded to ask the Real Estate agent what they thought was fair, instead of talking in $ they used a percentage (% of my daily rent payment).

it worked out 3 times higher than what I asked for, so I called out "Happy with that your honor"

Judge laughed and approved it.. that was a profitable week! and agent left me alone after that, not sure though if they passed the cost back to the land lord.... I only did it to stick it up the agent

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.