yet another "unforeseen consequence", page-36

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    "Howard and Rudd are both dolts for this sham of a policy which only benefits vendors."

If I wanted to buy a house and could not afford to, because it would take me a number of years to raise the deposit and the government provided me with a grant that enabled me to buy now it sooner it would be wonderful as far as I would be concerned. I suspect all recipients would feel the same way.

Paying off a home can be onerous to most people not just those who receive the home owners grant. The recipients of the home owners grant are basically fortunate they are receiving a windfall to help them in achieving the Australian dream of owning their own home. It also encourages young people to take responsibility for their asset. Both Howard and the current Government recognised this with this initiative.

I doubt very much that Abbott would criticise this initiative as he would realise that it would be electorally perilous to do so. A number of my friends of both Liberal and Labor persuasions have applauded this initiative and encouraged their children to avail themselves of the first home owners grant.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.