LYC 0.39% $7.75 lynas rare earths limited

Yet another US CM list, page-5

1. 6,332 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1105
    That's a good question.
    The first thing that came to mind when I read the story was Trump. Trump is a businessman; he does stuff. Where politicians mostly talk for a living, Trump acts. He sees problem depending on China for defense-critical anything, but unlike all previous Presidents he's going to fix the problem.
    That will highlight the problem and bring investors eyes to the solutions. Trump's actions might specifically relate to Lynas (making a deal, not taking over!) It might be a noisy clawback of Mt Pass mine from the Chinese et al. More publicity, more eyes, all boats rise.

I had nothing specifically Lynas in mind when I posted it. Thinking about it now, Lynas, as the sole ROW operation of its kind, could certainly be useful in a number of ways in solving the problem Trump's wants solved. And while Amanda is on record saying essentially she didn't like Trump (that's NOT what she said; I can't remember, but maybe "wouldn't want to work for him" or something), she hasn't met him yet. Lol.

I was trying to find whether Trump and Lacaze had met or what exactly Lacaze said about Trump (I heard it in an interview, iirc) by googling. Here's something interesting I found, but I don't have a subscription
    Lynas CEO Amanda Lacaze leads it back to market credibility - The Australian
    Jan 27, 2018 · When Lynas chief executive Amanda Lacaze hosted a ... kind of woman who should work for President Donald Trump.

Now that search result could be "...not the kind of woman who should work for ... Trump", but I'm suspecting not. Would like to see the whole context, tbh.
    Last edited by Chemist1959: 23/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.