QBE 0.87% $17.39 qbe insurance group limited

Again, I appreciate the 3 replies. Just a shame none were...

1. 434 Posts.
    Again, I appreciate the 3 replies. Just a shame none were willing to discuss the short-term potential of QBE.

At any rate,

"Its not being *afraid* short term, but rather, NOT caring about the short term movements of the dollar (or any other macro variable that cannot be directly controlled by QBE) that has little to do with how the company is operates day to day."
    But, shouldn't you take note of macro effects that 'your' share is particularly susceptible to? More importantly, okay, so, you aren't AFRAID of the short-term for QBE... but, with "THE Australian dollar finished at a 15-month closing high today" http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,27753,26341663-31037,00.html ... whats your opinion on the short-term likely direction of QBE?

"ricee007,I am not quite sure what you want from us holders re short term."
    Your opinion? Quantitative analysis? Qualitative thoughts? Now that QBE is $2 (or so) above $20.80... do you see it hitting $20.80 again? What would it take?

Eh, 50% ROI is indeed quite possible. Probably about my estimate (including dividends).

"You are also looking at funding with a margin loan so interest costs etc also have to be factored."
    Definitely.

"to achieve your stated objective"
    I want at least 10% ROI.

Interest rate of 9%..... need 19% return per share.

I think QBE can do 25% per year... but, at any rate, very, very likely above 9%. I don't expet to lose money. Assuming dividends are at around 6%, that's around 3% capital growth needed (22.52*1.03)... will QBE be > $23.19 in 12 months? I very much think so.

"good luck with your exam."
    Cheers, had property law today; wasn't so bad. Corporate FInance Theory on Monday. I can do Corp.Fin practical side (lease or buy, etc):P ... just, I haven't quite bothered to learn all the articles just yet:P

"That's 2% of your return gone.

Much better off buying a larger parcel, to negate this factor..."
    You don't know my personal circumstance, and probably shouldn't be directly saying that I'm "much better off"... doing something...

At any rate, yes, 1.33%-2% of my outlays will be chewed up by brokerage. However, that's the price I'm happy to pay to hold QBE (If I decide I want to). In the big scheme of things, around 1.5% over 2.5years isn't particularly much... in fact, it's just 1 share less when I buy, and about about 2/3rds of a share when I sell... If I get 50% return (quite possible, especially over 2.5years including dividends).... 1.5% or so brokerage won't really bother me...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.39
Change
0.150(0.87%)
Mkt cap ! $26.12B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.36 $17.65 $17.25 $68.31M 3.923M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21665 $17.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.39 159691 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.