XJO 1.10% 8,075.7 s&p/asx 200

yotta's chaotic, disordered, confused thursday, page-124

1. 1,996 Posts.
    Extract from my CFD Providers news page

It is all about the US debt situation at the moment, and we take a look at the growth, debt and unemployment issues in the country in focus.

According to research firm Almanac, since 2000, the Dow has averaged a 0.42% rise in August, making it the sixth best month of the year, with utilities and staples showing clear outperformance. July has averaged a 1.02% advance over the last eleven years, so traditionally this had been a great month to be long equities and the index. However, this year saw the index down 4.2% in July, so the extent to which this quantitative analysis holds true is yet to be seen. Given the extremely bearish outlook on risk assets at present, if the market is fully appeased by the US debt ceiling compromise, August could be a stellar month as traders cover short positions and initiate fresh longs (despite a stalling US recovery).

Now are they saying - "all the bad crap we've been reporting is all true" but at the same time are they subtly suggesting its not that bad and I should be just about ready to have my "BUY" button reinstalled?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.