WEB 1.85% $8.25 webjet limited

yeah I know webjet. Obviously I've used them before. A few years...

1. 465 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    yeah I know webjet. Obviously I've used them before. A few years ago now. I've never shorted. But if I was going to short a stock in the next month it'd be webjet.

My comparison draws on that I understand Webjets core business and how they make their money. It compares against other ecommerce sites. It's looking at their revenue and profits they are making today and last 4 years and compares that to other ecommerce. I have Kogan and Redvubble as examples. Pretty good examples actually as I wanted ones fairly mature making a profit (like Webjet was in 2019)

Here is my thoughts. Websites like webjet are a dime a dozen now. Used to be not thatany when they first started but there are so many of them now consumers get information paralysis when trying to find the cheapest fares. It's still cheaper to go directly to the airline webjet and book with them. I've tested that numerous times now and it's never failed. So all webjet has done fore the last 2-3 years is tell me of the very limited number of airlines they use who is cheapest. I still then need to visit one of their competitors to get the other airlines and see who is cheapest before going direct.
    I'm not alone. Their webjet ota has already recovered to 8/13 of average monthly bookings...
    Their webbed wholesale business is running at about 10 percent levels of pre covid. Has anyone asked why? Yes covid...
    But many countries are allowing local travel... Domestics all over the world travelling and booking hotels. But webbed is no longer getting that business.

I read the latest transcript on FY 2021 and the changing digital business model growing commercial beds. The responses on how can web bed possibly offer lower hotel prices to consumers was very very light on. I've always been able to source a better deal myself. Why has their web bed revenues not recovered when their webjet has? It says to me domestic travellers all over the world do not use web bed for hotel bookings .
    the me is stated average grwoth for web beds needs to be 5X the industry which is 6 percent in Asia and 2 percent in us and europe.
    so wants to grow by 20-30 percent.

My points still stand. Rbl and Kogan are just two companies. Rbl gets 93 percent of its revenues outside Australia. You don't get more global. And both Kogan and Redbubble are growing their revenues that are double Webjets 2019 revenues (before covid) and growing at a much faster annual growth rate! Rbl since listing hasn't failed to grow less than 35 % yoy. Since covid struck around 100 % yoy growth.

Makes no sense that webjet has a current valuation of 1.7 billion. On its current numbers it's valuation should've around 400 million tops. It's just not doing the revenues to show otherwise. When it can proove it can survive and grow the increase its market cap to reflect, but until.thenit seems way over valued. The enormous share dilution that occured recently. Revenues not recovering adequately.

there arefar better bargains on ASX right now offering faster growth and bettermetrics. And business models also that continue to grow with or without covid issues. Rbl and Kogan just two of these. I have a list of 15 other companies I'm looking at right now that area lot better than web.
    Best of luck in your investment

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WEB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.25
Change
0.150(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $3.207B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.23 $8.27 $8.15 $4.842M 588.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2413 $8.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.25 3269 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$8.24
  Change
0.150 ( 1.50 %)
Open High Low Volume
$8.25 $8.27 $8.15 125843
Last updated 15.59pm 29/04/2024 ?
WEB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.