you better get a good lawyer son, page-3

1. 56,616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    Yep, in trouble milesg.

I have been tipped off that the company via a few disgruntled SLA HC holders that Solagran (SLA) will be requesting my details via the Federal Court in late October in Melbourne which is of concern due to them provinf my posts on them over the last few weeks. I feel that they may be seeking some type of action regarding perceived misleading or deceptive comment of which I have not made. IMO, a vague opinion, belief or statement about a company from the amatuer archives of Hot Copper does not constitute either defamation or misrepresentation.

ie. If a published statement is an honest opinion which is not based on inferred inside information, assuming the subjective appreciation of the true events is not from a professional with associated expertise and that the poster does actually believe in what he/she says, it follows that their is no alarm for anyone to post an opinion or directly express an opinion on a published article from the Age.

Hot Copper provides an arena to offer honest opinion and comments that add value to an open dialogue on any company as long as those statements are not reckless, irresponsible, false or defamatory which may be used for personal or professional gain.

Apparently, defenses based on justification, contextual truth, absolute privilege, fair reporting, qualified privilege, honest opinion, innocent dissemination and triviality are very common of which I have many.

I'll need a lawyer so I am endeavouring to pre-empt what may eventuate - they have no case so it may be worthwhile defending. I don't think they will persist but I assume they are trying to use standover tactics.

Could be money in it IMO and a media circus ($).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.