AAO 0.00% 14.0¢ adept solutions limited

you better read this what you dont know

1. 10,214 Posts.
    A breath of fresh Eyre for uranium
    Robin Bromby
    November 27, 2006
    READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE LADS
    APART from the big iron ore pits developed since 1899 by BHP, South Australia's Eyre Peninsula has been a neglected exploration backwater.
    Over the years, there has been some low-profile mining of minerals such as jade, graphite and gypsum.
    But, apart from the steel manufactured at Whyalla, this region, based on Port Lincoln, has depended largely on wheat and barley, commercial fishing and tourism for its livelihood.

Fast-forward to the present day and the Eyre Peninsula is buzzing with activity and becoming one of our uranium hotspots.

Canada's uranium giant Cameco is exploring there, as are local juniors Gawler Resources, Intermet Resources and Australasia Gold.

Adelaide Resources, which has one of the largest land positions on the Eyre with gold and iron ore prospects, added uranium to that list last week.

It will join Quasar Resources, the exploration arm of the US-owned operator of the Beverley uranium mine in South Australia, to explore north of the township of Wudinna.

This is the second time around in this area for Adelaide Resources. It picked up these tenements in 1996 when it was virgin territory for exploration. Gold was found, but not enough to justify a mine.

Adelaide Resources executive chairman Keith Yates told its annual meeting last week the deal was part of a big move into uranium for the company.

Australasia Gold has picked up the Murninnie project, which includes an old mine that produced small quantities of high-grade copper, although there was never much exploration done away from the mine. The mine, which also contains bismuth and gold, has been in the hands of one family since 1929. Now the Adelaide-based junior believes the place has good uranium potential.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.