AJX 8.33% 1.3¢ alexium international group limited

Over the years I have seen this type of thread from every...

1. 17,279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501
    Over the years I have seen this type of thread from every angle....as a naive participant, as an enlightened silent onlooker and as a mod trying to keep warring parties apart. If I have learnt one thing it is that there is something very primal at work here. It would seem that a sense of belonging to "the tribe", having a sense of "my mob" is a fundamental human need that takes precedence over the desire to accumulate wealth. The sense of tribe arises when a group of like minded posters come to an agreement about the positive prospects of a company. However if you have "tribe" then you must also have "not tribe". There must be a "them" to balance the concept of "us". Traditionally the "thems" are known by many names. These may include such labels as day trader, chartist (but only those with a negative view), troll, down ramper, manipulator, bot and any other miscellaneous poster who has an "obvious" hidden agenda.

The uncanny thing is that once the tribal bond has been formed it becomes more important than the actual underlying stock that initially united the group. If the stock begins to tank it is deemed as preferable to lose untold numbers of dollars than to become alienated from the tribe. When the stock begins to sink we often see a call to war and a plea for unity within the tribe to unite and hold fast against the illusion of "them" who are "attacking" the concept of tribe by supposedly white anting the stock. The stock may continue its downward spiral but the sacred bond of tribal members must be preserved no matter what. Eventually when it is all said and done and small fortunes have been lost, individual tribe members inevitably find themselves isolated as they count their losses and they usually begin a period of introspection where they wonder what the hell they were thinking as the stock continued to slide day in and day out.

I have no clue and no opinion about AJX one way or the other. The only thing I would say is that I have seen this scenario time and again. I would urge holders here to examine your own selves carefully and ask yourself honestly what is motivating you. If what I have said resonates with you then you should have a careful think about your position and decide for yourself what you really want from the experience of owning this or any similar stock and decide for yourself where the stock is really heading. If what I say resonates with even one poster then this was worth saying......but I am well aware that the majority of the tribe will already have a large, bold "them" label stuck firmly on across my cyber forehead.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.001(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $20.46M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.3¢ 1.1¢ $1.913K 152.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 22500 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 134311 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.00am 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.