cjbjb2702,Labor will adopt a scorched earth policy on the way...

1. 2,458 Posts.
    cjbjb2702,

Labor will adopt a scorched earth policy on the way out, just as the nazis did when they withdrew from Russia in WW2.

I think you might have that around the wrong way, I think you will find the Russians beat the Germans to it.

Other than that, I agree with you.

The Soviet scorched-earth strategy included the deportation of millions of men, women and children; the resettlement and reestablishment of thousands of factories; the withdrawal of almost the entire railway rolling stock; the-annihilation of raw material depots; the removal of most of the agricultural machinery, cattle and grain stocks; the systematic destruction, burning and blowing up of the immovable infrastructure, inventories of all kinds, factory buildings, mines, residential areas, public buildings, public records, and even cultural monuments; and the intentional starvation of the civilian population which remained behind to face German occupation. It was basically a policy which unscrupulously used the civilian population as a strategic pawn. The extent and timing of this policy action is confirmed by so many sources that no real difference of opinion exists in this regard. What is strange is how scantily it has been covered so far in the scholarly literature.

19410622 Soviet Scorched-Earth Warfare 01

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.