BHP 0.90% $43.56 bhp group limited

you just cant keep the big guy dow, page-7

1. 11,661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 545
    shetoldmetosell, thanks for the chart. But I think the bottom of the box needs to be brought down to 26.00. Predicting daily movements is impossible for me anyway.

The Baltic index is up due to demand from China. That sounds good, but its not when you read the details.

"The Baltic Capesize Index climbed by 204 points from Dec 8 to Dec 11 to 1,142 points, a 21.8% increase. On the other hand, the Baltic Panamax Index continued to slide to 422 points on Dec 11 from 481 points on Dec 8."

I think most of the increase is coming from India in cape size vessels. India has cut their export taxes to 0% and are selling the stuff dirt cheap. China is arguing that the spot price is 30% below contract price.

BHP says that its export quotas will be maintained but they are not predicting the price. I think China and BHP are plotting to kill RIO, FMG and the other miners by starving them of export quota. All that is left is to decide on how to divide up the bootie.

The news last night was a shocker. Experts from everywhere coming out and saying the recession will be worst ever. Its already named "The Global Recession". Dow dived in response. But I think it was intended to scare the dollar back up rather than cause a crash. It did that. Got oil down another notch too.

Perhaps now is the time to invest in the energy sector. I think it will recover quicker than the materials sector. The current price of oil is unsustainable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$43.56
Change
0.390(0.90%)
Mkt cap ! $220.9B
Open High Low Value Volume
$43.64 $43.73 $43.26 $211.2M 4.849M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11133 $43.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$43.57 5435 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.