You mongrel Scomo - Auspost CEO resigns.

1. 9,225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    One of the best CEOs in Australia Post's history resigned today after being politically targeted by Scott Morrison and the government, as Australia Post works its butt off during the pandemic.

Christine Holgate accepted the position at a fraction of the salary of the previous disastrous CEO, Ahmed Fahour. Fahour destroyed thousands of Australian businesses by raising postage prices to ridiculous levels while sacking staff, screwing Australia Post franchisee post offices and overpaying himself.

Christine Holgate made franchises viable again, and in the last year introduced better parcel pricing and postage savings bands, rewarding loyalty. Auspost performance was exceptional during incredibly tough times, complete shutdown of air traffic and lockdowns, while the shoddy performance of private courier companies became a joke. Businesses like mine survived and kept employing people and paying tax during the pandemic because of Christine Holgate's leadership.

Holgate gave $20,000 of watches to people who had brought in $220 million of business. In contrast, Scott Morrison was reported (by The Saturday Paper) to have left Tourism Australia after giving $184 million of work to a company he was mates with, with no board oversight or value-for-money assessment.

Who do I trust with public money to use it sensibly? Christine Holgate. Who don't I trust? Scott Morrison.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.