HOG 0.00% 0.3¢ hawkley oil and gas limited

you must be joking, page-32

1. 561 Posts.
    Dexter,

As Clarke mentioned, geopolitical risk has existed since they started in the country. There are no new issues here. I did my geopolitical research on Ukraine prior to investing in HOG so there is no new information here. One of the biggest issues was the US playing games with the country and now this impediment has been removed for a few years, plus the ongoing dialogue with Europe, means that they will be heading in the right direction. This will takes years and does not happen overnight. Germany, increasing their dependence on east eur/Russian oil and gas, will assist in the improvement of Ukraine I believe.

Whereas Africa is going backwards. I don't care which country you are talking about. The whole region is a hotbed for conflict in the coming years as a result of food and energy scarcity. The developing cold war between China and US will result in ongoing tensions and proxy wars and any of the Aftican countries. This whole region is set up for ongoing tensions in the coming years. With limited capacity for other nations financial support plus a resource grab, we have potential nationalisations, regional conflict and war.

Now does that sound the same as Ukraine? My comparison is to suggest that geopolitical risk must be done on a case by case basis and one must be aware of where they are headed, not just where they were in the past.

I've seen companies that have frequent disclosure and it definitely isnt one week. Hey, what if I'm a high frequency trader, reckon I should demand 1 minute updates for my millisecond trades?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HOG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.