Also they would be slower, noisier, smogier and require...

1. 611 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Also they would be slower, noisier, smogier and require maintenance more often.

People banging on about 'I want to keep the ICE cars' are the same ones who would have been advocating to keep the horse instead of the car.

The ICE car is done. Had its day. EV's will evolve, batteries will evolve, they are evolving. Think of the quantum leap between the lead acid or NiMH batteries and the LiPo batteries. Researchers are developing cheaper batteries that use more abundant materials. We are at the start of the battery revolution not the end.

You may pine the loss and sit around sharing stories about the good old days but that is all they will be.

I have loved cars since I was a boy. Loved the shape of them, the power, the noise. But getting launched into the back of the seat by a bog standard Tesla I instantly knew this was it. The potential is incredible.

Of course if someone offered me the choice of a Torana XU1 or a Tesla I would take the Torana...because they are a classic with a limited number available. But if you offered me a Toyota Camry or a Polestar 2, I would choose the EV, every time. And more and more are choosing the EV, which is the point.

I have thought a bit about Toyota's decision to not pursue EV's like their competition have and wondered if it won't turn out to be another Kodak moment.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.