I think I get the point you're trying to make. Correct me if I'm...

1. 1,369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    I think I get the point you're trying to make. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're just trying to find information about those who haven't required hospitalisation nor even knew they had COVID, to make the case that the media/politicians/etc are overstating the risk, and therefore causing us all unneeded stress and pushing vaccines onto the people?

Regarding hospitalisation figures, assuming the figures are consistent.. out of the 294 active cases, 60 are hospitalised:
    https://www.health.gov.au/resources/current-covid-19-cases-in-hospitals-and-intensive-care-units-icus
    This would suggest the remaining aren't, this makes sense. As the biggest fear in early COVID was hospitals being overwhelmed with inpatients. The fewer in hospitals, the better it is.

I have no doubt most of the tests are duplicates, I'd be surprised if even half of Australian's had a single test. But how many recovered and then found out they had COVID after being tested, who knows. It's a odd statistic to track. I'm sure there's lots of people who've had it that aren't recorded, there is no way to know unless they get tested.

The issue is it's a virus, it's not a set amount of damage it can do to certain ages. There are a myriad of reasons that a young person could struggle more than an older person, why an unhealthy/unfit person might recover better than an athlete. And since we don't know the personal health situations of all people around us, it's best to minimise physical interactions and keep distanced, just to minimise risk on our friends/families/co-workers/neighbors.

I completely agree that many people won't notice any particularly bad symptoms, but I personally wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was foolishly ignoring guidance, and as a result killed someone. Every COVID victim in Australia has one of the survivors to directly blame for their deaths, whether it was a complete accident, or due to either party not following government health guidance.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.