sledger, almost impossible to attest to the authenticity of many...

1. 1,720 Posts.
    sledger, almost impossible to attest to the authenticity of many of the news stories on-line, but whether pre-arranged marriages to prepubescent brides is systemic in certain countries or not it does appear that Sharia law allows many practices like this that state laws don't, prepubescent brides are just one example. If snopes is accurate then I like many have believed what was sent to me, and I thank you or anyone for checking further. Like snopes says the jihadists do enough terrible things without having to make things up.

So tell me and others if the following site is reputable for sticking to fact, it has quite a lot of links

Sharia Law has led to the legislation of child marriage in 6 countries

Saudi wives can be not only pre-pubescent, but even babies, because Saudi Arabia has no minimum marriage age at all

By Roddy Newman

While Sharia law courts have created a lot of controversy in Britain, they would be even more controversial if people found out that Sharia has led to the legalisation of child marriage in 6 countries. As the vast majority of people seem to be unaware of Sharia's child marriage dimension, this article only uses mainstream media articles, the UN, a major opinion poll company's Sharia law polling data, and the early biographer of Mohammed who Muslims say is the most reliable, and who states unequivocally that that Mohammed married one of his wives, 'Aisha, when she was a child as its sources.

For example, this 2008 "Times" article about forced child marriages in Nigeria, reveals that there is "fierce resistance" in its mostly Muslim states to a ban on child marriage, because they see such a ban as contrary to Sharia, which is why only one of them has agreed to a modified form of the ban (which outlaws marriage to pre-pubescent girls):
    read more

http://www.rawa.org/temp/runews/2011/10/02/sharia-law-has-led-to-the-legislation-of-child-marriage-in-6-countries.phtml
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.