Hello Lenny, lots of great sharing above, agree about bank...

1. 2,158 Posts.
    Hello Lenny, lots of great sharing above, agree about bank stocks and property and know a fair bit about that, beware.

It is illegal to offer advice under the HC AFSL so I only offer comment - small caps are super dangerous, derivatives are super dangerous. Safer place to be is solid companies that have income, low or no gearing and are less volatile. Less sexy but a lot safer usually, beware if the finance community is pushing them hard there could be a reason - a wrong one. You can cut your teeth in more stable stocks on T/A until you get the hang of it all - which means many mistakes.

Mistakes are important as long as you remember, face and take responsibility for them. Huge wins straight off will give you a false sense of ability, worst thing that could happen stay humble and non emotional. The market is always right your job is to follow it. This is easier said than done.

I hear too many sad takes coming to me of people who put all their money in a developer or explorer in the gold area and are sitting on total or near total losses. Publishing fundamental research I have also been blamed on occasion for investors timing badly - in a good company.

You can be right and still lose money so the comments above about patience are fantastic. I am in my mid 50's so I don't qualify for your young guys club - and not all us long term investors gamble. I use T/A and fundamental research along with my file of previous mistakes and wins to guide me.

Take care,
    CW

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.