young investors, page-26

1. 11,652 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 536
    "I was just wondering if there are any young investors out there (long term, not day traders) aged between 20-40?"

I would assume they all got wiped out by the last tsunami. The next one is due in October, if not sooner. Anyone with experience can tell you - in this climate "investor" is an endangered specie. To survive you have to evolve into a trader. Here is one way to do that.

Open an IG account and put 5-10K in it and trade lightly until you become competent. Get dual wide screen monitors on your PC and tile it with: Aus200, WallSt, SP500, USDbasket, Gold, Oil, AUD, Euro, German30, etc.

Watch these with various periods (5m,15m,4hr,day,week candlesticks). Identify trends in the different views and draw them in. Particularly on the USDbasket and the SP500. (Everything follows and responds to the USD and SP500.)

By just watching these charts you will learn how they relate to each other and when the market is primed to tank or rally. Gauge the news feeds too.

Now on your laptop simultaneously follow forums, fundamentals and trade stocks based on both fundamentals and your trend analysis of what the market is doing.

You have to at least try to predict what the market is doing in the short-med term. This method works ok for me!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.