young man eager to leran

1. 666 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Hi Copper

I’m a 29 yr old man who is very eager to learn the ways of investing and understanding money.

I’m a small business owner who one day hopes to own percentages in a few different start ups which than become profitable businesses, the idea of growing a business excites me, I enjoy it thoroughly.

As much as I like to think I know the ins and outs of investing and picking the right shares and commodities, this is very far from reality. To date I have only ever really researched 3 stocks which I than invested in.
    2/3 of these shares, made me returns, 2 of them was on the ASX the 3rd one was the TSX

These stocks were

JIN – JUMBO INTERACTIVE (ASX) I purchased at 43c it now sits around $2.10
    LLL- LuLu lemon (TSX) I purchased at $49 it now sits around $72
    MAD – Maverick drilling and exploration I purchased at 90 cents now sits at 73c

MAD is the only one I picked poorly and have suffered for it, although I think further down the track towards the end of the year it may bounce back?
    I’m still trying to understand the worlds oil situation? I know their is a little bit of over supply at the moment, but if that is the case why are barrels of oil still over the $100 mark? I know I’m missing some information here? Can anyone help fill me in?

I have noticed the trends in the 2 companies I picked that I did well in, I looked into both companies extensively, I found both companies were expanding into new markets? And had already good amounts of success in their established ones. I know this seems a very basic and non teck way of investing into shares but it appears to have worked for me? Is there any other factors I should be looking for? I understand allot of experienced investors pick a well known company that goes up 8% or so yearly and collect good divedends? From what I can see people do this with stocks such as AAPL, GOOGLE and some other’s, even tho I can see this strategy being effective and your wealth would build, this strategy seems to only work for those who have a good amount of money to invest and can afford to forget about their funds? At this point of my journey I’m not able to do this as yet? Any suggestions?

My last questions are the following
    What’s the best website to buy shares in overseas markets?
    What’s the best website that has up to date or live prices for overseas markets?
    What’s the best commodity trading website?, oil, gold, precious medals, silver

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.