young people on newstart forced to beg, page-69

1. 8,256 Posts.
    Jezza

The NZ couple was an example pure and simple who I happen to know very well. The point that is being missed by some and maybe ignored by others is that many thousands (10s if not 100s by my reckoning) are earning at least some of their livings via the "cash" economy and depending upon where one looks, there is plenty of work available. Argue the legalities on another thread if you want - and as I said, don't shoot the messenger for bringing this to your attention - I'm quite amazed at the fact that some people are so surprised at this relevation.

BTW, where did the 15 year olds earning $20 for a few hours of babysitting reference come from? There are certainly many 18+ out there earning $20 per hour nannying 2 to 3 days+ per week. Tax dodgers? Yes, if you want to highlight this, but then the people paying them are complicit too - just like many cafe and a multitude of other small business owners. It is going on all around us and keeping many more people from begging...getting back to the point of this thread.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.