TLS 0.28% $3.62 telstra group limited

Your bargain opportunity - the TPG "dip"

1. 3,804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 530
    Good long-term stocks can often be difficult to acquire at good prices, but sometimes opportunities arise when "The Market" (i.e. the thing we buy and sell stocks in) which is big and strong and full of smart (and well-renumerated) chaps from institutions, brokers, financial advisors etc has a little bit of a "wet my pants" reaction to a bit of news that is not materially negative to the company's prospects but shakes their own (fragile) certainty that they know everything and know it better than the great unwashed (aka everyone else).
    Their little panic attack (more about their own confidence in their own abilities than anything else) causes an abrupt dip!
    Like the one in Telstra today. It is not about TPGs competitive aggression (which anyone following the telecoms industry would/should know), it is just that the "smart/informed" people didn't anticipate that it would take this form. Self-confidence shaken, "SELL Telstra" is the cry.
    Maybe this is your opportunity to now buy TLS at a fair/bargain price while the (public!) schoolboys wet themselves.
    Just saying......
    Oh, and, by the way, there was a recent bargain opportunity in TechOne TNE when the Brisbane City Council announced that the BCC had poorly managed its IT contract with TNE (that wasn't exactly the first announcement, but if you understood TNE, and thought calmly, you would have read it that way.) - the BCC "dip"
    Oh, and, by the way, there may be a current opportunity in Downer DOW who have surprised "The Market" with a bid for SPO. - the Spotless "dip".
    Are there any others that come to mind?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.61 $3.64 $3.61 $76.93M 21.24M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
41 574941 $3.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.62 284025 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.