your best ever achievement

1. 3,728 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    What have you done or achieved that makes you proud? I'm not talking about winning big on a share company, nor am I talking about a paying job. What would be good is to hear is what you look back on and feel really proud of, something that keeps you going. Something like completing a marathon, climbing a mountain, building a house from scratch, pulling someone out from a burning car, donating an organ (not the musical type) to someone in need of a transplant, fighting off someone attacking an old lady, etc.

I don't have anything really special that's out of the ordinary (not in my view anyway). But sometimes I think we take our eyes off the ball and forget about the real goals in life, and focus too much on monetary gains, when in fact, many get a better 'sense' of satisfaction from doing something completely outside the goals of society. I think we believe that we must push ourselves to be better and richer than the guy next to us, when in fact, striving for such dreams can be (not always) destructive.

I feel the essence of life has been lost by today's and yesterday's generation, but I also believe it's not too late. I see glimpses of good spirit in every generation and every race. As I said, what is it that you have achieved that has given you a real sense of satisfaction?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.