Your Interest Rate Estimates, page-2

1. 4,122 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 668
    Well, this is based on the US... perhaps Aus has a little more wiggle room although the underlying mechanism of how trapped and close to losing faith in fiat the world is remains.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4048/4048434-12ad193a97c24426954436e7dadced3a.jpg

US FED are absolutely trapped - markets are on a knife edge and ready to cut themselves at even the mention of rate rises... even when it's 0.25% increments and as shown here (and i'm calling it) impossible to go higher than 1.5%.

Last time inflation was over 5%YOY (1970/80s) rates were bouncing around 10-20% to rein that in.
    They simply CAN'T do that this time...

I think of it like this; is this chart an equity you'd like to buy .. expecting a new uptrend to form? Or does this look like a failed crypto $h17coin on it's way to the grave?

So if you wouldn't buy into a chart like this ... why would anyone have faith in the USD?

My call: rates no higher than 1.5%, offset against a real negative yield of -5-10% due to inflation with no means of controlling it.
    Last edited by Gibbaz: 02/02/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.