Your will, page-54

1. 9,176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 802

I understand the risk of being a executor when there is a contest but having seen this the decision was we would rather see $ burnt seeking advice , protecting executors and estate and know they were legitimate expenses rather than the blood sucking PT diminishing the estate and charging a motza. We scared the party off by instructing a large legal firm early who ensured the contesting party was going to have to spend a motza upfront to get anywhere with their invalid claims. Our bluff tactics with bignames worked . A thankless stressful and time consuming hassle.

Every situation is different and I note your resistance to PT but if you can do the beneficiary the right thing without risking yourself avoid the PT.

PT should be fixed fee not % as they just milk large estates IMO and especially like closing out estates in new financial period just to get next fees!!!! I could say a lot more but won't.

Good luck with it. Beware the PTR doesn't ask for indemnity when stuff is handed to them as they just protect themselves all the way IMO.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.