NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

you've heard it before but.

1. 20 Posts.
    Sorry to cover the same story i/we have heard before but I just wanted to share feedback from a roof restorer that came to quote my roof today.

He did come to my property and get up on the roof for a quick visual (5 minutes at best) Certainly not the do it all from your desktop approach. But afterwards, he spent a good 45 minutes with my wife and i discussing the process and options. It was his own business and obviously very passionate about it.

Part of his pitch was the nearmap website he used to measure up which was the quickest way to accurately measure and quote a property. I mentioned to him that I new about and have had shares in nearmap since 2009 and asked him what he thought about it and how long he had been using it.

The part that I liked about his response and the reason for me sharing it here was that after chatting about how long he had been using it, he told me that he had been using nearmap since the free trial period. After the free trial period expired, the company he was with at the time, stopped using it. After a couple of years, he started his own business and went straight for a nearmap subscription for his own business. Through the free trial period in Aus, he had seen the value in the nearmap service and that eventually turned into a sale for nearmap.

People who have been with this stock long enough will remember what happened both before and after the Australian pay wall went up. The US is a different market, yes but reading into some of the sentiment here sometimes gives me deja vu in regards to what was being said pre-paywall in Aus in regards to low revenues and low share price.

By the way, the roof restorer said he was stunned to see his bill for nearmap go up over the last few months. That was until he found out his wife was not just using it to quote their jobs but to randomly browse the neighbourhoods.
    I told him to tell her to keep it up!
    And he got the job of course!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.