YOW 0.00% 2.5¢ yowie group ltd

Yowie Locations, page-148

1. 69 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I have seen them at BP/servos, Kmarts/targets, event cinemas but they havnt finely tuned their restocking method.

The locations or the poor distribution plans... i believe Yowie is selling quite well in Australia naturally, although they have decided to not supply enough to the market have led to them missing out on creating a fad for a newer generation and capturing a vital market segment.
    The first shipment sold out quite quickly when released locally but they have taken their sweet time to build up their distribution channels across the main chains which is a horrible mistake. We know the figures of how much Yowie used to sell per annum 20 or so years ago(from memory it was roughly 3 per person in Australia about 60mil annual). They also decided a nice high price point for us 'wealthy' Australians, without realising we have a high living cost anyway and the last thing a parent wants to do is buy their kid a 4.50 chocolate toy when their are cheaper competitors.

The marketing has been relatively non existent, whoever is head of this marketing department must have found their qualifications in the bottom of a cereal box, cause it literally does not exist. Their partnership with Icon animation had potential, but the cartoon they made also suffers from lack of proper distribution. As a shareholder you would hope this lack of short term marketing may be because they are saving up big to produce or sell on rights to a proper Yowie cartoon on all the major children networks, or even better a Pixar style animation to really resonate as a brand for the new generation. Unfortunately i think this management is just sitting around, having golf sessions all day with their buddies, waiting to get their pay out when they are fired.
    Yowie is a perfect case study for bad fundamentals. Been watching this and playing with it for last 2 years since its drop to $1 and its decline all the way down. Just one for instance is that they have horribly bad reporting measures - they report on price of the goods sold at retail, not what they sell it for or actual margins, very bad indicator not to mention horrible management, overpaid high turnover of executives and lack of direction with poor distribution plans.

Although i was lucky enough to make money and sell on each rise before the inevitable horrible quarterlies would be released... I think this company would be better off scrapping all their management, possibly even dumping their North American plans and starting off from scratch in Australia

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.