SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

DF..thats not what I'm saying. I'm not entirely clear on your...

1. 391 Posts.
    DF..thats not what I'm saying.

I'm not entirely clear on your question, but hope this answers it:

A mining company cant come out and announce to the market false or MISLEADING information or information likely to mislead (i.e. something thats strictly a truth, but not true, if you get what I mean). That is a textbook breach of the Corporations Act - and ASIC (and its predecessors) are all over that field - and have been for over the past 30 years.

There is no way in hell we are breaching anything near the Corps Act - we have a highly experienced board and for good measure, we have Michael Blakinson on board who is a partner at a prominent mining commercial law firm in Perth. We are not a cowboy 2-bob penny stock gang.

So what GJ says must be true, and I would not be surprise if his claims were audited by the ASX and/ or ASIC as part of their routine checks. Especially for a company of the market cap of SDL.

A big part of the skepticism lying around IMO is the lack of the negotiations breaching the "due dilligence/ negotiation" phase (as covered by the confidentiality agreements) into full disclosure, coming out of the closet and making and offer. And we all know the main hurdle for that happening is the conventions in hand.

Put another way, there is no chance the international mining companies SDL have been negotiation with are going to come out of the closet so to speak, without the project de risked - i.e. obtaining the rights to mine. So until you get those permits, its going to remain at "advanced negotiations".

In relation to your specific comment on:

"any company can come out and say they are in talks with a major company string the shareholders along and not have to proof anything"

That is specifically what the confidentiality agreements prevent - naming of a company - except for vague references to its size and nature. And this is for the reasons I gave in my post above. But as mentioned in this post, ASX/ ASIC prowl behind the scenes always, routinely auditing.

Let me know if I can elaborate further to answer your question better.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.