ZIP 0.00% $1.61 zip co limited..

My opinion is we have now got a new base price ($6.50 approx)....

1. 249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 234
    My opinion is we have now got a new base price ($6.50 approx). For a month or two now ZIP has had nothing but positive stuff and that has all been contributing to its rise in SP. The announcement was as expected and people cashed out with a nice 20-30% (some even 100%) profit. Good on them! I wish them luck and many of them may have reinvested the profit (or even capital+profit) again in the $6 range after its fall today.

The new hype/potential will be finalising the acquisition of quadpay and potentially expanding into the UK market further. It certainly won't be hitting the heights some amateur investors were predicting on HC ($15-$20 by end of year) but it is definitely poised to shift up towards $10+ over the next 6-12months. Do we all want our hard earned invested money to double in price quickly? Yeah definitely! But realistically, it isn't going to happen and we shouldn't expect it to happen. There will be good and bad days. Today for example, even with a solid announcement (I don't buy into the bad debt increase as something to be overly concerned about) investors will still cash out. It will happen again next month and will continue to do so for the life of the stock. That's the way investors 'roll'... You need to decide what target you want to set and stop 'chasing' the market. Set a price you're happy to buy at. Then set a price that you're happy to sell at. Take the emotion out of it! Don't be greedy and enjoy those targets you set. The moment you try to 'chase' the market with the perfect buy, or the perfect sell, will be when you lose...

Will it drop lower again tomorrow? Could do! It could go back into the $5 range! However, long term (based on my OWN research and understanding) this is a strong company with goals and practices in place to sustain it for the long haul. The way the world is turning to BNPL platforms, it is only the beginning for ZIP (and other BNPL companies). That's how people should invest! By researching what the company actually is, and does well at! Humankind is set on chasing the next hype without thinking and that is where a lot get stuck...

Simple fact is, do what is best for you and stop reading into everyone's comments thinking the extreme one way or the other... For me personally, I bought a few weeks ago after doing my own research for a few months and am happy to sit and wait til it reaches $10. I'll reassess when it does... Feel free to come back and say "I told you so" if the SP tanks and never recovers.

Good luck to everyone who buys and sells!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.61
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.808B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 20628 $1.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.45 2629 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.16pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.