ZIP 2.27% $1.72 zip co limited..

Z1P: StefanF vs the people, page-31

1. 5,519 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    Thanks, I appreciate the support. I've mentioned it before but I've learned the hard way (early on in my investing career) that blindly following what I like to call "Cheer squads" (all forums have them) is a great way to lose money.

I've since matured and over the years refined and optimised my investing strategy. Although I have a background in finance/economics it wasn't actually this education that has allowed me to do well but it's things that everyone can do/learn.

Things like being aware of ones biases that can cause irrational decision making. Things like making sure one understands the full business and not selecting the best parts of a business as some sort of conclusion to hold (a great example I see is the continuing focus on glassdoor stats?). This is also one of the reasons why I'm perceived as negative, because I focus on things that are ignored on this forum, and by the nature of these forums the things that get discussed the most is anything good while anything negative is ignored.

Unfortunately biases/irrational thinking and selection bias is the bread and butter for any cheer squad which is why we tend to clash. I had the same experience over at APT early this year. I ended up selling out at $34 and buying back in at $9. We are all on good terms now (things tend to deescalate when SP is going up) but the difference is that my portfolio is looking a lot better than those posters I clashed with.

Would be good to read some more insights from you on business strategy with your background!
    Last edited by StefanF: 09/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.72
Change
-0.040(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $1.937B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.80 $1.83 $1.70 $26.91M 15.42M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5000 $1.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.73 15000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.