ZIP 5.26% $2.40 zip co limited..

I think both of your points are valid depending on what the...

1. 167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    I think both of your points are valid depending on what the underlying assumptions are.

Stefan probably assumed that Zip doesn't have a backend system to distinguish customers who used Zip and Tap in a signed up merchant and customers who used actual zip barcode system (instead of going through visa) in the same store. The cannibalisation can arise if they don't have a system but I doubt that's the case. Zip's system collects fees on behalf of the business from the customers before transferring funds to the merchant (Accounts Payable). AP system should be able to identify the merchant and charge an agreed % of commission on top of the transaction value before paying to the merchant.

You are assuming that this zip and tap on the groceries side would not have otherwise been part of the revenue as customers now recycle the zip funding even more. So this is extra cash for Zip. Margin issue wouldn't be there in the long run.

The problem with this own margin conversation is that everyone expressed their opinions without outlining the assumptions and caused serious miscommunication on this forum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.40
Change
0.120(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $3.114B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.35 $2.43 $2.25 $56.09M 23.76M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 $2.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.40 231123 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.