ZIP 2.09% $2.93 zip co limited..

Z1P: StefanF vs the people, page-84

1. 217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 136
    yes I totally agree apt can scale faster than Zip. But I think that’s not really to do with having one product. The biggest drivers we are seeing there is the ability to scale. Get new customers. Get new merchants. Expand to new markets. That all costs money and people resource and apt have a lot more capital due to their latest capital raising at a higher share price.

zip at this point simply do not have as much capital and people resources they can throw at scaling compared to apt.

but zip is doing something I think is very smart, how do we become profitable?
    how do we make each customer we get spend more of their total share of wallet using Zip products... sounds familiar right.... a bit like.... a Bank, but built in the digital age and easy to do business with
    we saw for the first time in 15 years Klarna posted a loss! No one in their right mind would compare Klarna to Afterpay, Klarna have multiple products just like Zip, they sell to consumer and to businesses. Yet in terms of scale last month Klarna had more than 3 times the number of downloads compared to Afterpay in second position. Klarna have a lot more people and money in the bank ( with all those previous year profits). They stated in their last quarterly they have made a loss as a result of customer acquisition in the US and UK and setting up a technology hub in Europe. more revenue. More customers. And in terms of absolute numbers Klarnas growth exceeds afterpays by a long way.
    yet Klarna has a market cap of 10 billion, Afterpay 21 billion usd (still makes no sense to me)

wait isn’t Klarna a registered bank? what is their strategy? Why are they looking to become a bank in the US? If having just one product was the way to go, why isn’t the one leading the pack doing that?

Last edited by murdochVet: 10/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.93
Change
0.060(2.09%)
Mkt cap ! $3.825B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.91 $2.97 $2.82 $25.03M 8.622M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 37246 $2.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.93 7000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.