ZIP 2.34% $1.46 zip co limited..

Hey @Joannie, I posted about PayPal news on the night when it...

1. 403 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    Hey @Joannie, I posted about PayPal news on the night when it came out : 46970450

Posted on Z1P, SZL and SPT sites to warn ppl. Someone posted on APT as well. I was hammered by holders telling me otherwise. I do hope some ppl got out in time. That's what HC is about, you get to know some info before the broader market do if they're not actively researching.

I was holding a good parcel during consolidation stage, ave entry around $6.10 mark. I sold some into the high $9's, but sold all remainder at the gap down on the next trading day when PayPal news is out in the public, mostly sold around $8.80 mark. Since then it has drifted lower.

IMO, paper profit is worth noting until you really lock in the profit, or realise the loss.

Today's sp action breaking through consolidation range is a big red flag to me. Investors, long term holders are starting to throw in the towels.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2463/2463751-613e107d4624344a4c5caa97d215942d.jpg

The chain of events with PayPal, zero-interest credit cards are too much to stomach and the fundamental has shifted. I have said before that the barrier of entry is low, and if one player can enter it doesn't stop other bigger corp to get in e.g. banks, Google Pay, Apply Pay - why would they want to partner with APT or Z1P or SZL? They might as well roll out their own Pay-in-4 just like PayPal. PayPal has set a precedence to big players how they can regain their share by rolling out their own products.

I have now stayed away from BNPL as I don't see a catalyst moving the entire sector. The risk vs reward is no longer stacking up for me.

And Mr Market has spoken. Price action reflects what's out there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.46
Change
-0.035(2.34%)
Mkt cap ! $1.644B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.50 $1.54 $1.45 $19.96M 13.39M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 104211 $1.46

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.47 50000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.