SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

Zero Rating in Australia

1. 60 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Merry Christmas to all fellow HC SYT followers.

Re Zero Rating in Australia - I was drawn to an advertisement while I was watching the BBL this evening that Optus were offering Data Free viewing of BBL games when you BYO Phone.

I draw your reference to :
    http://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile...s?SID=con:hme:10GB12:postmob:afeat:BYO:SIMMUS

Quote from website:
    "Bring your own phone and get a SIM Only plan that combines great talk, text and data inclusions with the freedom of no lock-in contracts on our month to month plans. Or if you want awesome value, check out our 12 month SIM Only plans.
    You'll enjoy streaming music on Google Play Music, iHeartRadio, Pandora and Spotify apps without using the data in your plan. And you’ll get amazing value inclusions to help you stay in touch with friends and family overseas when you're in Australia."

To my knowledge this is the beginning of Zero Rating offers in Australia with Optus 'dipping its toes in the water'.

I would expect Telstra to begin countering Optus and would be no surprise if they looked to Freeway here to wipe out any actual or perceived threat to market share.

Whilst our Australian market is really minuscule on the world stage, what really interests me is that this presents Syntonic with an opportunity to announce itself to Australia on a wider scale. Aligning itself with an Aussie telco (especially our pre-eminent telco in Telstra, in terms of market share) would potentially give the SYT the impetus to get their message across to the Australian market and investors, thus giving the SP a real boost.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.