RFX 3.45% 14.0¢ redflow limited

It is good to see Gelion moving ahead. I saw them a while back...

1. 792 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 224
    It is good to see Gelion moving ahead. I saw them a while back on a TV clip in the lab. It looked to be a good replacement for button/AA/AAA type cells. Try getting a ZBM to fit in cordless phones, wearables, etc Massive market opportunity.

Simon H has previously said their is plenty of room for multiple players/technology in the battery market.

From there initial product launch, they are making battery packs, just like what is done with lithium. Battery packs are a scaleable concept with inherent limits. Redflow can do battery packs (i.e. LSB) too.

The good thing about a ZBM is that it a single cell is 10kwh. You can immediately see the entry level target market for a ZBM is completely different to Gelion. You will need a bucket load of Gelion batteries to build an equivalent batter pack.

If you have ever owned a cordless drill, you will have some insight into the limitations of battery packs.

If you were to refurbish a Gelion battery pack, you would need to identify the weak cells and replace them. You then have a mixed bag of cells. This is not a commercially viable concept. It doesn't work for NiCd, NiMh, LA, or Lithium batteries.

If you were to refurbish a ZBM battery, you would renew/replace the electrolyte, perhaps the pump, probably update the battery controller. This would be commercially viable. Think an oil change in a car, a new water pump, etc. There are costs already involved in changing over a ZBM, these costs can go towards marking a ZBM refurbishment cost effective.

I look forward to a successful Gelion and Redflow. Together they can offer a portfolio of solutions to displace some market share from lithium. Most people don't know there is already an alternative to lithium and there are many cases where they are a better solution.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
-0.005(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $33.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ $24.33K 169.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 513527 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 6673 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
14.0¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 6.67 %)
Open High Low Volume
14.5¢ 14.5¢ 14.0¢ 170291
Last updated 15.27pm 29/03/2024 ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.