IBG 25.0% 0.3¢ ironbark zinc ltd

Zinc mine shutdowns are lifting the metal, page-2

1. 3,744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 102
    Interesting analysis on a few fronts. Firstly, quite sobering in terms of outlook for rest 0f 2016. Macquarie punting $1830/t is about what the price is now, while $2000 would be 90c per lb, still shy of the almighty $1.

“The metal deficit in 2016 should lead to to stocks of just over five weeks of consumption by year-end – a level that has historically been an inflection point for zinc upside,” from Macquarie is telling, and they seem quite convinced the real price action won't happen until next year.

Also we don't normally see much reference to the total inventories situation: "Total inventories, including those held in LME, Shanghai Futures Exchange, and Chinese State Reserve Bureau warehouses, fell by 55 000t to 1501kt over the course of that year." That is interesting, especially when they have fallen 42,000 tonnes in just the past month in the LME warehouses; and 45,000 tonnes in the Shanghai systems see http://www.metal.com/site/search?cond=zinc inventories&yt1=. Expect Chinese State Reserves, which I didn't know even existed before, are rock solid.

We may find the deficit is beginning to bite more severely than the analysts' forecasts if the past month is anything to go by. This shouldn't be surprising given the well publicised cutbacks in supply and I've always wondered whether zinc demand would drop as much as the headlines sometimes suggest (especially when included as part of the overall metals picture).

We know we're on a good thing, just not clear when that series of sustained uplifts in zinc price and IBG are going to commence in earnest. In the meantime, IBG does have some catching up to do in terms of the current situation in LME inventories and zinc price relative to historic comparisons of IBG at the same levels. Mining Licence approval may yet prove to be a re-rate catalyst.

Glad to be BIG with IBG
    Last edited by Upmarket: 15/04/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $4.782M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $60.75K 18.11M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 18873941 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 7657163 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IBG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.