RVR 0.00% 7.3¢ red river resources limited

There is little point looking at the day to day fluctuations in...

1. 184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    There is little point looking at the day to day fluctuations in the zinc price.
    The price will be where the large traders need it to make money on their book. They have little interest in the actual level of the price.
    One only has to look at where the traders make their money over a long period of time, and that is from their trading actives and not their mines. Glencore ( Marc Rich ) is the best example but the Trafagura's etc are the same.
    It is relatively simple to move the price if you are big enough. The recent zinc stock increase of over 100,000t is a prime example. This zinc metal did not come out of thin air. Almost certainly it has been sitting in the same LME warehouse but off warrant for some time. When the trader ( and it was almost certainly a trader ) needed the zinc price to fall, to maximise trading profits, they simply instruct the warehouse to move the zinc metal from one side of the warehouse to the other, at which point it will be recognised as LME Warehouse stock.
    Glencore also have the advantage of being a major zinc miner. An indication to market that they will either increase/decrease mine production is enough to move prices.
    The thing to remember is that these people are not normal people, they are absolutely ruthless with zero moral compass.
    Marc Rich, the person, was running Iranian oil during the Iranian hostage crises. While he had to hole up in Switzerland for a few years, as the US had a warrant out for his arrest, all was solved when he was granted a pardon by Bill Clinton in 1999 following the transfer of millions of US dollars to a Clinton controlled charity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In the medium to long term the zinc market will reflect fundamentals. These zinc fundamentals are good at the present time ( as reflected in record low zinc concentrate treatment charges ) and should sustain a zinc price with a floor of US$1.30/lb for the next 12 to 18 months at least.
    While i am on about markets one only has to look at RVR on the close/match each day to see how the stock is being manipulated. Last night was a good example where there were around 320000 to buy at the close at 32c. On the sell side there were 320001 shares to sell at 31.5c. The market therefore closed at 31.5 because the manipulates wanted the stock to appear weak. This goes on all the time with the match determining whether they want the stock price to appear weak/ strong to suit their book.
    From a disclosure point of view i have been topping up at these prices as the stock is undervalued on fundamentals, assuming reasonable production and metal prices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RVR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.