NCZ 0.00% $1.10 new century resources limited

Thanks very much miningnut for sharing such insightful...

1. 914 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 389

Thanks very much miningnut for sharing such insightful information with us over the years. I am sure that these are highly appreciated by most of us.

The way I see things is this:

- Enviro Bond @ $160M : I think NCZ said that this figure was too high and they expect it to reduce closer to $55M over time. They have showed us that they are indeed able to reduce this liability through rehabilitation. So, chances are that this will amount will decrease over time (to $55M) without us having to pay anything for it. The rehabilitation costs are already captured in our production costs.

- Hedging Costs @ $175M : How did you arrive at this amount? It is unfortunate for us that we are only getting 35% benefit from these elevated zinc prices. But still, we are still getting a good price for the remaining 65%. But it also works the other way round. I don't expect zinc prices to remain that high till June 2024. So, chances are that the hedging might still be of some benefit to us if zinc prices suffer a substantial drop / crash. Did you assume elevated zinc prices till June 2024?

- Recoveries : I am expecting higher recoveries this quarter. Let's see if they finally deliver on this promise.

Overall, we are making good money. I don't really see the hedging as a liability. For me, we are simply forfeiting some $$$. Before, we were benefiting from all the zinc price upside through the hedging for the 80 kt. We were simply guaranteed a minimum price. It seems this is not the case anymore.

Overall, management has been quite poor, especially with their fixation of doing capital raises at extremely low sp. I have always wondered about this and always found this fishy / extremely strange to see the least. I think this company could have been managed much better. Still, we are in a good enough position imo. Some companies have even worse management.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.