ridge let's drop it. -not easy B&B raises a good point.Truth is...

1. 5,748 Posts.
    ridge let's drop it. -not easy B&B raises a good point.

Truth is not meant to come out in dribs and drabs.

It's there from day one.

What comes out in dribs and drabs is our understanding and/or the deciphering of the text in which the whole truth is contained.

It therefore makes sense (to me at least) that the entire Torah was god given and over the course of time people/individuals were inspired either by that "voice" Ridge mentioned, to understand the depths of the hidden wisdom contained therein, or by diligent hard work till they stumbled either by design or accident over the answer.

Lets face it, radio waves were discovered only 100 years ago. (don't hold me to the exact date)

Does that mean they have not been here since whenever? And the same with anything else? Science and education and sometimes sheer accidents unlock these hidden mysteries.

The atom wasn't split till '45, but they've always been here.

Just as a side line I remember as a kid having learnt in the Talmud (codified about 1,900 years ago but studied 300 years earlier) that there will come a time when people would be able to speak over long distances intantly.

I will try to locate the exact source and direct you to it. Parts of the Talmud are in Hebrew and the bulk is in Aramaiic but now there are excellent English translations available.

I also remember studying one tractate where it mentions that a bird will fly over cities and destroy it with it's eggs. I learnt this a long time ago, but for some reaason it sticks in my mind.

I will try and locate that pasagge as well. Remember, these are from books, nearly 2,000 years old. They are the same today word for word.

Food for thought, eh?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.