ZIP 5.26% $2.40 zip co limited..

Zip Biz, page-630

1. 4,071 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 620
    thanks alpha,

this is a good discussion to have.
    let me begin that ive never said i think zip will fail, plenty of room for a bunch of diverse bnpl players.

as to fee breakdown the closest ive seen re zip is ~61% of zips revenue comes from a combination of late fees, establishment fees, account keeping fees and interest at 19.9%. this does not include quadpay which will be higher (imo).

these fees and the rollover of credit provided by zip products very much looks like a credit card. zip pay is imo their best product and serves as the cheapest option for the average user.

there is plenty to pro/con re customers being happy/unhappy to pay fees. ie why are customers steering away from cc if fees are not a problem (dont get me wrong im on the side cc are incredibly expensive and debt traps for many) zip money looks so close to a CC (digital) that i find little benifit to it.
    but zip customers can steer towards the best product for them.
    most CC users didnt care for how much interest they paid on a weekly basis but when giving an annual total they are a little more taken back.

my biggest issues with fees is quad, and calling it a convenience fee at $1 per installment makes it sound less harmful to the wallet. (but these $4 fees will add up)
    i believe its expensive and apt were hammered when fees made up 20% of its revenue. imo quads will be much higher and will draw some very unwanted attention eventually. after some time imo stories will printed about how user pay $100's or maybe $1000's in convenience fees a year. again the business may be more viable then i think and be accepted.

also before anyones says why do you hold if i dont like quad (i brought pre quad). and im personally hoping they morph towards something more like zip pay.

anyhow such a conversation like this with you i find very informative and your point of view is something i take in.
    when i first brought up the quad fees, or the establishment fees and interest zip has many forum members wernt even aware and just claimed i was downramping and lying. thus the conversation just didnt happen.

thanks for the more constructive convo
    Last edited by coppergaz: 09/06/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.40
Change
0.120(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $3.114B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.35 $2.43 $2.25 $56.09M 23.76M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 $2.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.40 231123 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.