ZIP 0.00% $2.12 zip co limited..

Zip Co remains popular with savvy customers as it narrows loss by 60pc, page-44

1. 314 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 379

I'm not sure why you think it's more likely that Zip goes down 50% than doubles.

Over the next 12-24 months we have the following positive catalysts:
    1. Interest rates on hold and likely to decrease
    2. Inflation settling down
    3. New product being released
    4. Regulation being implemented at the perfect level for Zip

As a result of all of the above we will see the following:
    1. Increased spending on Zip as customers have more available cash
    2. Bad debts reduced as fewer people will be struggling and able to repay, and because the effect of not paying will be more severe due to regulation being implemented
    3. The borrowing/interest costs for Zip will decrease

According to independent forecasts, BNPL usage is still in its infancy and is expected to increase signifcantly over the next few years.

They also have a new CEO now with more experience in this sector - there is no way she would have agreed to take the role if the future was doomed. And she would have access to all the inside information given her role as CEO of the Australian business.

I also think that people's dislike of banks is growing over time - people will remember the suffering due to mortgage rate rises etc, while banks are posting record profits. And younger people in particular can be serviced better by a BNPL like Zip rather than onerous credit cards that are hard to get and can land you in big trouble if you aren't careful.

I think Zip getting back to $2 is far more likely than getting to $0.15 share price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.12
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.751B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.11 $2.19 $2.08 $37.25M 17.52M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 134476 $2.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.14 90343 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.