ZIP 3.24% $2.23 zip co limited..

ZIP response to 'retail' investor concerns, page-39

1. 5,522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    I'm not comparing the natures of the two businesses, I'm pointing out that in the GME/AMC world shorters had a lot of influence on the share price suppression. The fact that Z1P is the most shorted stock on the ASX requires context. Sure it is, but 12% shorted is far off 100%+ being shorted. The shorters don't have anywhere near the type of control on Z1P as is made to believe on this forum.

"It does not make sense that Z1P is the number 1 shorted company on the ASX" -> that's your opinion, likely shared by every holder on this forum. But at the end of the day that's all that is. There will be a number of people that may think Z1P will have to raise capital, and given where the share price is it could have significant dilution impact AGAIN. There may be other investors who think Z1P might be vulnerable to competitive pressures. I raise these two points because that's something that concerns me for Z1P. But that's my opinion. A difference in opinion is what makes a market (although I'm not shorting Z1P, I still hold a small parcel for the long haul and am happy to take on the risks listed).

All I'm saying is, holders should be wary of finding an "excuse" for the share price performance. "It's the shorters" is just a very convenient way to justify an investment. With that mindset I would have held onto SDA (not long ago the most shorted stock) all the way to bankruptcy (not suggesting this is what will happen to Z1P).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.23
Change
0.070(3.24%)
Mkt cap ! $2.894B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.14 $2.26 $2.12 $39.40M 17.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 55449 $2.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.24 136951 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.