ALK 4.76% 50.0¢ alkane resources limited

zirconium market improving, page-10

1. 2,101 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    If this helps anybody then great. But here is my MACRO viewpoint I don't pretend to have a massive grasp on the fine details which I believe are perhaps blinding a lot of ALK folk.

A) ALK depends on its gold sales (which will happen) keeping them motoring along in business. POG looks HIGHLY likely to continue its decline to around 1000-1200 POG i'd suggest. It most certainly doesn't appear at all likely it will increase above 1400 as its tried and failed quite a few times in last month.

The profit based on current POG is "ok" but much more say another 100 (which is extremely probable) decrease would see profit from gold sales shrink a lot.
    This makes ALK's gold buffer to continue business really looking shaky at this point (and they closed the hedge which was...how dumb is that?)

B) DZP and Finance partners. Nobody wants REE's right now they are dropping like a tanker to the ocean floor. There are already Moly, Lynas and the Chinese locusts. And NONE of them are chugging along well.

Who the hell is going to be interested in investing most especially when the production DZP dates are "forecast" to be 2016? But given their track record in delays beyond estimates it could easily stretch to 2020.

Thats why I'd rate ALK as one of those excellent idea but ultimately never never projects.
    Get out now. One rule I should have paid attention to. In business TIME KILLS ALL DEALS.

ALK has been at it for a lifetime and its taken too long to come together.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.025(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $301.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.0¢ 52.5¢ 49.5¢ $1.113M 2.177M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 78014 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 904 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.